ISSA F. BAROUDI M.D., P.A.
Dr. Baroudi’s interest in cosmetic surgery dates back to 1970 when he was an intern at Damascus University Hospital. There he treated many war-related injuries with the limited resources available. This experience helping people heal and regain their confidence inspired him to further his education in cosmetic surgery.
Dr. Baroudi completed his cosmetic surgery training at the St. Louis University Hospital where was nominated for the Department of Surgery Award. He then moved to Southwest Florida to open a private practice in 1981 since he was drawn by the beautiful weather and lush environment.
Dr. Baroudi authored numerous publications on congenital, breast, hand, and facial imperfections, many of which gained international notoriety. He also earned the Florida Governor’s Certificate of Appreciation for Volunteer Services.
Most recently, Dr. Baroudi was named Medical Director of Promenades Surgery Center, a state-of-the-art ambulatory surgery center he planned and built. The architectural design of the facility reflects Dr. Baroudi’s interest and beliefs in quality of work: elegant, professional and incomparable.
ISSA F. BAROUDI M.D. – JUST THE FACTS
Graduated from: Damascus University School of Medicine, Damascus, Syria.
- Internship: DePaul Hospital, Norfolk, Virginia.
- Residency in Plastic Surgery: St. Louis University Hospitals.
- Chief Resident General Surgery: Homer G. Phillips Hospital. St. Louis, Missouri.
- Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
- Board Certified General Surgeon.
- Active Member of the American Society of Plastic Surgery.
- Active Member of the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery.
- Medical Director of Promenades Surgery Center, LLC., Port Charlotte, Florida
- Fellow American College of Surgeons.
- Chief of Staff: Fawcett Memorial Hospital, Port Charlotte, Florida, 1993.
- Active Staff Member: Fawcett Memorial Hospital & Bayfront Health, Port Charlotte, Florida.
- Active Staff Member: Bayfront Health, Punta Gorda, Florida